COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
If you are a current pet owner, you will find services at Whitman County Humane Society to assist you. We don't just provide shelter and care for the homeless animals in our community, we also seek to serve our community. Many of our services are for families who are low income residents of Whitman County or for pet owners that find themselves in crisis and in need of help. We are here to do everything we can to keep you and your pet together!
- SPAY/NEUTER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP) - You can help reduce the number of homeless pets in our community by spaying or neutering your pet. WCHS offers low costs services to assist pet owners who qualify through SNAP
- TNR PROGRAM - Our Trap - Spay/Neuter- Return program facilitates the reduction of overpopulation in feral cat colonies. To learn more about this program and to get signed up please visit our TNR page.
- MICROCHIPPING - Microchipping makes it easy to identify lost pets and reunite them with their owners as quickly as possible. WCHS offers microchipping for a fee to Whitman County residents.
- PET FOOD BANK - We understand that there may be times and circumstances where the financial burden of owning a pet can create stress. Our pet food bank can help with some of that hardship for qualified individuals.
- LOST PETS, STRAYS AND SURRENDERING YOUR PET - We have a variety of resources that can help with finding lost pets and reuniting them with their owners. We also have resources and options available if a pet needs to be re-homed or surrendered.