In order to maintain the Pooch Park facility as a clean and inviting space and to ensure the safety of all members and their dogs, we ask that all members adhere to the following rules. Violation of these rules can result in exclusion from Pooch Park. Serious violations resulting in injury could result in being held liable for damages.
Pooch Park Rules
- Open Monday: 5AM - 9PM
Tuesday: 11AM - 9PM
Wednesday: 5AM - 9PM
Thursday: 5AM - 9PM
Friday: 5AM - 9PM
Saturday: 5AM - 9PM
Sunday: 5AM - 9PM
- Use at your own risk. WCHS is not responsible for ANYTHING that occurs at Pooch Park as a result of Pooch Park users and/or their dogs. YOU are liable for any damages and injuries caused by you and/or your dogs.
- You will not transfer your access to anyone else or let in non-members with your access card.
- No children under the age of 8 are permitted. You must supervise children who accompany you, and all children enter at their and your own risk.
- You must keep your dog on leash until you enter the tri-gate entrance.
- Dog must be off-leash prior to entering the small and/or large dog area.
- Dogs over 25 pounds must use the large dog area.
- Maximum 2 dogs per human in the park at any time.
- Remove spike and/or studded collars from dogs before entering.
- Use of training treats is at your own risk.
- No drugs, alcohol, and/or tobacco in the fenced area.
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered before they are 9 months old.
- No female dogs in heat allowed.
- All dogs using the facility must be vaccinated according to WCHS standards. This is to protect your dogs as well as the homeless and stray dogs who arrive at WCHS.
- No puppies younger than 4 months allowed.
- You are responsible for picking up and disposing of your and your dog(s)’ waste.
- You must prevent your dog(s) from digging holes.
- Your use of the dog park is a privilege extended by WCHS. You may be required to leave if you violate any of the rules. Any incident resulting in damages will be referred to the Dog Park Committee and may result in exclusion from the park.
- The only permitted wheeled vehicles are ADA devices.
- The park may occasionally be closed for maintenance Tuesday through Thursday mornings beginning at 8 AM.