Foster Program Coordinator
This position will be full time and on-call.
- Establish/maintain a professional relationship with all WCHS foster parents/families
- Attend community events to maintain/improve the shelter relationship with the community
- Ensure that all foster program advertisement is maintained, accurate, and accessible (social media, pamphlets, etc.)
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for cleaning, animal care, and adoptions.
- Ensure facility is maintained in a sanitary and safe fashion to protect the health of the animals, staff, and visitors.
- Oversee emergency phone calls from foster parents. Work phone provided.
- Ensure that the 5 freedoms are met for all shelter animals in their foster homes
- Work with foster parents to create memos and descriptions of adoptable pets
- Evaluate and make decisions about new animal intakes with other management in regards to emergencies, hoarding situations, the shelter waitlist, and police impounds
- Keep accurate records of all foster parents and of animals in foster homes
- Evaluate effectiveness of policy and procedures
- Create work assignments, evaluate performance, and administer disciplinary action when appropriate to Animal Care Attendants
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older
- Clean driving record as employee may be responsible for driving the shelter vehicle
- Must be willing to work weekends and some holidays
- A working knowledge of vaccine protocols, proper animal handling skills, common disease symptoms and knowledge of animal behavior and training
- Excellent attention to detail and great communication skills
- Experience with implanting microchips
- Experience working with Animal Rescues or Humane Society
- An understanding of how an animal fostering program operates
- On the job training
- Paid Time Off
- Day shift
- Shelter Discounts