Whitman County Humane Society wants everyone to be able to provide for their animals.
The Whitman County Humane Society receives pet food donations throughout the year. Instead of throwing away excess food, WCHS is happy to donate to in-need families with pets.
In order to serve as much of the community as possible, WCHS gives food based on individual need and on the inventory that is available. The amount of pet food given will depend on number of pets, their size, and how much food the Pantry has at the time of pick up.
The following rules apply to any food bank recipient:
- We can only offer food if we have food to give. We must prioritize the animals in our care before providing to the community.
- Because the food we receive is completely donated, we cannot guarantee a certain quantity, brand, or type of food. We will try accommodate individual requests and needs of animals to the best of our abilities.
- Pet Food Bank recipients may only receive food as often as every 30 days.
- WCHS reserves the right to limit the number of pets that are given food.
- WCHS reserves the right to remove an individual from the program for any reason.
- WCHS reserves the right to make exceptions to the above rules based on an individual’s needs.
We request that the Pet Food Bank recipients donate back to us whenever possible. The funding and/or food will go to help other animals in need, including our shelter pets.
To become a part of the Pet Food Bank program, please fill out the form below and deliver to the shelter with photo ID.