The Fur Ball is our largest fundraising event of the year and helps us raise much needed funds for our operating budget. We are looking for volunteers to help on the various subcommittees which are outlined below. September through December we meet once every 2-4 weeks as a large group. Subcommittees may have additional meetings as needed. January - February we meet weekly. Place and time are TBD as it depends on the schedules of those participating. If you are interested please contact email@example.com.
- Program Committee - responsible for putting together the various components of the event such as keynote speaker, parade of pets, auctions etc...
- Publication Committee - responsible for outbound publicity leading up to the event, all printed materials, and final program design in coordination with program committee.
- Auction Committee - coordinate both live and silent auction setup and entry into our auction software. Find and book auctioneer for live auction.
- Database and Registration/Checkout - manage the auction database and oversee all processes for registration and check-in/check-out.
- Catering, Beverage and Celebrity Servers - research and book caterer and work on menu, coordinate beverages and liquor license for the event, reach out to members of the community to be celebrity servers and get commitment.
- Decorations and set-up Committee - work within the theme of the year to acquire/create decorations and set up at the venue before the event.
- Sponsorship and Donation Committee - communicate with local businesses and members of the community to find sponsors for our event and to obtain donations for our silent and live auctions.
If you are interested in other volunteer opportunities please see our volunteer section.