Board of Directors & Committees
Becky Bitter (2018)
Christine Hudson (2019)
Kelly Sebold (2020)
Kym Darling (2018)
Kylene Daschofsky (2020)
Leticia Fanucchi (2020)
Christy Fitzgerald (2019)
Jan Luft (2019)
John-Mark Mahnkey (2018)
Lauren Port (2018)
Aleks Prosken (2018)
Board meetings normally take place on the third Monday of each month at 6:15 pm at the WSU Animal Disease Biotechnology Facility (ADBF), Room 2018. All meetings are open to the public.
AnimalHaven Committee - oversees the building, design, and operation of AnimalHaven, the WCHS animal shelter and adoption facility.
Fundraising and Communications Committee - raises funds for and promotes the mission of WCHS. Kelly Sebold, chair
Finance Committee - establishes and oversees the operational budget and complete financial records to be in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service. Kym Darling, chair
Pooch Park Committee - oversees operations of the off-leash dog park, Pooch Park. Cassandra Olds, co-chair.
Interested in putting your expertise to work for WCHS? Our committees can always use more members! You do not have to be on the Board of Directors to join a committee. Please contact the Webmaster for more details.
- Committees are established when issues become too complex or numerous to be handled by the entire board.
- For ongoing, major activities, standing committees are established; for short-term activities, ad hoc committees are established and cease when the activities are completed.
- Committees recommend policy for approval by the entire board.
- Committees make full use of board members’ expertise, time, and commitment, and ensure diversity of opinions on the board.
- Committees meet as often as necessary – this could be monthly, bimonthly, trimonthly, or as needed.
- Minutes are recorded for all board meetings and all standing committee meetings and distributed to the full board.