Skip to main content

About Us

Frequent Questions

What do I do if I find a stray pet?

If you find a stray pet in Whitman County, contact your local police department to file a report. WCHS always accepts stray dogs and stray exotic domestic pets. Cats in Whitman County are allowed to roam and are not regulated by the local government. Healthy adult cats will not be admitted to WCHS. If the cat(s) is injured, declawed, under 6 months of age, nursing, or pregnant, please call shelter staff at 509-332-3422 to speak with a staff member about the situation and possible admittance to the shelter. 

We do not accept any stray animals found outside of Whitman County. Contact your local animal shelter for help with these strays.